Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Eighteenth - i'm getting slack

I had my frist real "close call" as far as oversleeping. I managed to be pretty exhausted before my 6:35 nap, which i was glad becuase when you are only giving yourself a 25 minute window every 4 hours to sleep, you wanna make sure you are able to sleep. during those 25 minutes. So at 7:00 when my first alarm went off i must have really been getting good sleep becuase i managed to stay half-asleep and get out of my bed and turn off my alarm. Somewhere during all this i decided that i hadn't slept at all (even though looking back i think i slept probably over 20 minutes) and that someone else did the sleeping or something (don't ask i think it was part of a dream or something) and I reset both my alarms to thirty minutes later believing that it was now my turn to sleep i guess. I must have fully woken up on my way back to the bed and realized what i was about to let myself do and went back and changed the alarms to 11:05 and 11:07 for my 10:40 nap, got changed and went to the YMCA. My explanation of what happened is that my body is starting to adjust to the cycle a little bit and i had entered a deep stage by the time my alarm went off. So as i will spin this to sound like a success, i was shocked at how close i let myself come to screwing up how good i was doing. I really was feeling that the cycle was pretty easy to get up to, i mean once i am up i definetely have had some rough, tired patched, but getting up was never even an issue until today. I think i should get this alarm clock that i saw when first researching polyphasic sleep this time around. The Alarm clock is like a robot and it will hide on you after you set it and then like run away from you so you have to like find it and chase it around. I thought a good alarm clock would always be one that sprayed ice-cold water in your face when it went off. I'm probably the only one that thinks this would be a fun, good idea though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home